Wednesday 14 May 2014

Brandon Hill nature reserve

This is all very modern as I'm actually posting this while still at the park. I'm in Brandon Hill reserve, a quiet green haven sandwiched between the Clifton triangle, Hotwells and the city centre. It also happens to be just behind the Avon Wildlife Trust HQ.

Despite being in this area a lot,  I've never explored this park very much. At a loose end this morning when plans were cancelled I decided to have a mooch around. The fact it's amazingly sunny and warm is an added bonus.

The park falls away to the south below Brandon Hill tower,  which if you've got the puff to climb gives you incredible views over the city. If that seems like too much hard work there are artfully placed benches everywhere to sit and soak up the view. In sitting and admiring the landscapes of Dundry hill and beyond.

On a multitude of levels and with plenty of secret gardens and hidden benches to read or contemplate life quietly, this park must give a welcome to the thousands of office works beavering away nearby. It's quiet here now but I'm sure I'm a couple of hours it will be packed with people escaping the rat race for an hour in the sun.

Whatever your reason for coming this park, it's another brilliant green open space for which Bristol is known.

On that note, I'm off to buy some sun cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment